The real photo postcard above was taken looking North from the old band stand sometime between 1906 and 1913. The corner of the Livingston House with its second floor balcony is visible to the right, while to the left the block of businesses between First and Second Street can be seen. At the corner of Second street is the John J Carter Memorial Building that had been built in 1906. Beyond that familiar landmark is the grand Union Block.
Note the post office on the near corner. Currently a florist shop, the building served the community for several years until the post office moved into the corner of the Union Block. Another image of that early post office is found to the right.
Both these postcards are courtesy of Tom Cook.